Domestic Violence

For more domestic violence victim resources outside of the Holbrook Police Department

The DOVE crisis hotline is: (617)471-1234 or (888)314-3683

Domestic violence affects not only a particular victim but entire families. If you or someone you know is the victim of domestic violence, seek help. The Holbrook Police are available 24-7 to respond, assist with a restraining order, or simply to offer advice.


To reach a Dove advocate directly, please email:

(Outlook users can just click on the link, otherwise you may have to copy and paste it into your email service address line)

The Rights of the Abused

Any victim of domestic violence has certain rights. Those rights include:

You have the right to appear at the Superior, Probate and Family District or Boston Municipal Court, if you reside within the appropriate jurisdiction, and file a compalint requesting any of the following applicable order:

(A) an order restraining your attacker from abusing you;
(B) an order directing your attacker to leave your household, building or workplace;
(C) an order awarding you custody of a minor child;
(D) an order directing your attacker to pay support for you or any minor child in your custody, if the attacker has a legal obligation to support; and
(E) an order directing your attcker to pay you for losses suffered as a result of abuse, including medical and moving expenses, loss of earnings or support, costs for restoring utilities and replacing locks, reasonable attorneys' fees and out-of-pocket losses for injuries and property damage sustained.

For an emergency on weekends, holidays, or week nights the police will refer you to a justice of the Superior, Probate and Family, District or Boston Municipal Court departments.

You have the right to go to the appropriate District Court or the Boston Municipal Court and seek a criminal complaint for threats, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon, assault with intent to kill or other related offenses.

If you are in need of medical treatment, you have the right to request that an officer drive you to the nearest hospital or otherwise assist you in obtaining medical treatment.

If you believe that police protection is needed for your physical safety, you have the right to request that the officer present remain at the scene until you and your children can leave or unitl your safety is otherwise ensured.

You may also request that the officer assist you in locating and taking you to a safe place, including but not limited to a designated meeting place for a shelter, or a family member's, or a friend's residence, or a similar place of safety.

You may request a copy of the police incident report at no cost from the police department.